Wednesday, 14 December 2011

dip top hair

DIY Dip dyed hair



The biggest hair trend around at the moment is ombre/dip dyed hair and it is really easy (yet messy) thing to do at home.





What you'll need:

  • Hair Bleach if you are not already blonde (I used L'oreal perfect blonde creme highlighting kit)
  • Plastic Gloves
  • Colour Hair Dye (I used Directions in pink, available on-line or from a hairdressing shop)
  • Tin Foil


There are loads of tutorials on youtube, the one below is the one I used, you can also search the internet and there are a lot of hopeful tutorials to help you do the dip dye. It is really easy to do, so worth a try. First you need to bleach your hair (if it is not already blonde), following the instructions in the packet, the l'oreal one is really easy so I would recommend that, it is form boots. Once you've bleached the ends of your hair then all you need to do is colour it with your chosen colour and there you go. follow the video below for step by step guide. If you have no one to help you, what I did is part my hair in the middle and back, and put half the hair on one side and half on the other and then I just dyed the ends.