I am in love with all the studs and spikes around at the moment, so thought I'd do a post on creating a DIY spike shoulder jumper. The thing I like the most about the studs is teaming them with the soft, i.e. sheer fabrics, jumpers and shirts, this way the clothing still feels feminine, so I have chosen to team my studs with a vintage cable knit jumper I picked up in Bristol.
What you'll need:
- A jumper or cardigan
- Studs (I got mine from Ebay)
- Fabric glue
- Leather
- Scissors
First you'll need to draw out a shape onto the leather, I chose to do circle to go on my should, but you can do it in any shape, a heart for example if you are feeling more adventurous, and then cut the shape out. After this you can either glue the studs onto the leather, which I did, or you can screw them on, for this you'll need to punch holes in the fabric. Think careful where you place your studs so that they look neat and even.
Finally all you need to do is glue the leather studded shape onto the jumper shoulder, be careful not to glue it in the wrong place, i.e. too far down the sleeve, and there you go, an edgy studded jumper.





